Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DIY Kids' Halloween Costume Series!

Happy Fall!  Don't you just love the brisk morning air and the changing leaves this time of year?  I do.

And now that it's October I am ready to focus my attention on some fun crafting that I wait for all year. Now I'm not a "big fan" of halloween like some people.  I don't do scary at all, and I don't throw a big party or decorate my house, but I do love LOVE to make costumes for my boys and me (my husband usually refuses to dress up *insert sad trombone sound here*).  This year the Sweetheart (3) wants to be a pirate and the Adventurer (2) wants to be a digger.  

I am so excited to make these costumes and I'm just as excited to share my progress here with all the steps that go into it as a tutorial!  How cool it that? 

In the series I'll be sharing how to make the truck costume my Sweetheart wore last year, then a four part tutorial his pirate costume (boots, pants, shirt, and vest), and then my little Adventurer's digger costume (part 1 and part 2).

I hope that you enjoy these tutorials and that they inspire you to get crafty with me!







How do you like them?  What are your kids going to be this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment